The third edition of the Cinéhaïku competition will open for entries on 4th February 2019, after an exhibition marking the closure of the 2018 Festival, at artgenève.
Every month, from 4 February until 29 November 2019 (excl.August), the Cinéhaïku Association invites filmmakers across the world to participate in the competition by adhering to one simple exercise: adapt the rules of the haiku to an audio-visual format.
MONTHLYAND ANNUAL PRIZE
The winner of the month will be chosen by Cinéhaïku members and awarded a €1,000 prize. The competition will culminate in the annual Cinéhaïku Festival, taking place in January 2020 at the international renowned art fair, artgenève.
All nine finalists will be automatically entered into the festival, where their works will be exhibited. An overall winner of the year’s best Cinéhaïku will be invited to receive a further €1,000 prize by a professional jury from the art, film and literary world.
Filmmakers can upload their Cinéhaïku on our Facebook page (@cinehaikuofficial). Cinéhaïku must be created in accordance with the terms and conditions of the competition. For the complete rules please click here.
- Upload your film via our Facebook page, free of copyright restrictions.
- Duration: 20 to 30 seconds maximum
- Sound: it is encouraged to consider the importance of sound – or the lack thereof – in the creation of a Cinéhaïku. Please make sure you have secured the rights for any music or sound used in the film before submitting.
- Accepted formats: .mov or .mp4, with a resolution HD in 1920 x 1080, with a format 16/9 and not exceeding 70 Mo.
- Any film with a content that is defamatory, injurious, obscene or against decency shall be excluded from the contest, as well as any film with racist, homophobic, xenophobic or violent content.
- The films must adapt visually, in three distinct parts, the characteristic themes of the haiku. Examples of haiku poems and of Cinéhaïku are available on our website and in the contest gallery on our Facebook page.
- There is no limit on the number of films a participant can submit.
- Do not add text, titles or generics to your film.
- Films can be selected as the winner at any point during the competition and are not restricted to the month they were submitted.