Every fortnight, from 2 October 2017 until 17 May 2018, the Cinéhaïku Association invites filmmakers across the world to participate in the competition by adhering to one simple exercise: adapt the rules of the haiku to an audio-visual format.
BI-MONTHLYAND ANNUAL PRIZE
The winner of the fortnight will be chosen by Cinéhaïku members and awarded a $500 prize. The prize-winning films are automatically entered into the Cinéhaïku Festival to compete for the annual prize.
The winner of the year’s best Cinéhaïku will be invited to Gordes to receive a $5,000 prize awarded by a professional jury.
Filmmakers can upload their Cinéhaïku on our Facebook page (@cinehaikuofficial). Cinéhaïku must be created in accordance with the terms and conditions of the competition. For the complete rules please click here.
- Upload your film via our Facebook page, free of copyright restrictions.
- Duration: 20 to 30 seconds maximum
- Sound: optional
- Accepted formats: .mov or .mp4, with a resolution HD in 1920 x 1080, with a format 16/9 and not exceeding 70 Mo.
- Any film with a content that is defamatory, injurious, obscene or against decency shall be excluded from the contest, as well as any film with racist, homophobic, xenophobic or violent content.
- The films must adapt visually, in three sequences, the characteristic themes of the haiku. Examples of haiku poems and of Cinéhaïku are available on our website and in the contest gallery on our Facebook page.
- There is no limit on the number of films a participant can submit.
- Films can be selected as the winner at any point during the competition and are not restricted to the fortnight they were submitted.