HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Every month, from 4 February to 29 November 2019 (excluding August), the Cinéhaïku Association invites filmmakers across the world to participate in the competition by adhering to a simple exercise: adapting the rules of the haiku to an audio-visual format.
Cinéhaïku must be created in accordance with the terms and conditions of the competition. For the complete rules please click here .
MONTHLY AND ANNUAL PRIZE
The winner of the month will be chosen by Cinéhaïku members and awarded a € 1,000 prize. The competition will culminate in the annual Cinéhaïku Festival, taking place in January 2020 at the internationally renowned art fair, artgenève .
All nine finalists will be entered into the festival, where their works will be exhibited. An overall winner of the year’s best Cinéhaïku will be invited to receive a further € 2,000 prize by a professional jury from the art, film and literary world.
- Upload your film by following this link or by visiting our Facebook page . The film must be free of copyright restrictions.
- Duration: 20 to 30 seconds maximum
- Sound: it is encouraged to consider the importance of sound – or the lack thereof – in the creation of a Cinéhaïku. Please make sure you have secured the rights for any music or sound used in the movie before submitting.
- Accepted formats: .mov or .mp4, with a resolution HD in 1920 x 1080 (horizontal), with a format 16/9 and not exceeding 70 MB.
- Any film with a content that is defamatory, injurious, obscene or against decency shall be excluded from the contest, homophobic, xenophobic or violent content.
- The films must adapt visually, in three distinct parts, the characteristic themes of the haiku. Superimposed images will be counted separately. Examples of haiku poems and Cinéhaïku are available on our website and in the gallery on our Facebook page.
- There is no limit on the number of movies a participant can submit.
- Do not add text, titles or generics to your movie.
- Films can be selected as the winner at any point during the competition.